Marathon Camp Kenya
27th August – 9th September 2023
Welcome to the mini page for Marathon Camp Kenya
Marathon Camp Kenya is for marathon runners of all levels. Following the success of our first Marathon Camp in September 2022 we are back for 2023.
Marathon Camp Kenya contains all the best bits of Kenya Experience, optimised specifically for marathon preparation.
The camp gives you the opportunity to train for your autumn marathon (or half marathon) in Iten, Kenya, under the guidance of our expert team. The camp has been optimised for improved marathon performance for the competitive, non-elite, runner. From the training program and seminar content, to the team of coaches and sports performance experts you will be working with, everything has been set up to help you prepare for your best performance in Berlin Amsterdam, Chicago or elsewhere this autumn.
During Marathon Camp Kenya we are joined by sports performance experts in addition to our usual Kenya Experience team. For 2022 Marathon Camp we were joined by running specialist Physio and biomechanics expert Matt Bergin from Performance Team, who led us through practical and theoretical sessions on the biomechanics of running, the causative factors in running injuries, and how to mitigate them and strength and conditioning sessions for runners.
Our Sports Performance Experts for 2023 will be announced shortly.
In addition to the running, you will learn injury prevention and strength & conditioning strategies from top sports performance specialists, absorb information through seminars and coaches corner sessions centred around the competitive non-elite marathon runner, all whilst relaxing and recovering between runs in the beautiful surroundings of the High Altitude Training Centre.
The training program itself will be designed by our team of coaches, with the focus being effectively utilising a two week block of high altitude training to optimise performance in an autumn marathon. It will be tough, but sensible, well thought out, and appropriate to the level and experience of the runners in attendance.
Experience an elite-level training camp for marathon runners of all abilities.
Cost and what’s included
The full cost is £1350
The cost of the camp includes:
- Return transfers from Eldoret Airport to Iten
- 13 nights full board accommodation at the High Altitude Training Centre
- Full coaching programme optimised for autumn marathon season
- Coached and guided running workouts
- Coaching seminars led by expert coaches and sports performance experts
- Coached non-running workouts (s&c, drills, mobility etc)
- Kenya Experience favourites including meeting star runners
Optional Additional Costs:
- Single Occupancy Rooms – £600
- Lake Nakuru Safari – £150 (1 day trip on the rest day from training)
What is not included:
- Airfare internationally and to Eldoret
- Purchases of a personal nature and drinks and snacks outside of mealtimes
- Personal Treatment sessions with Physiotherapist
- Sports massage from local physio and massage therapists